ARTS & ALE: A FUNDRAISER FOR FRESH ARTS
DISASTER RELIEF FUND FOR TEXAS ARTISTS
Little D Markets is teaming up with Better Block Foundation, Fresh Arts, and local DFW artists for an Arts & Ale Fundraiser to raise money for the recovery needs of artists in Houston who were affected by the devastation of Hurricane Harvey. The event will take place on Friday, October 20 from 6-10pm at The Better Block (700 W Davis St, Dallas, TX 75208).
Many of our Texas artists have seen a devastating loss of work, supplies, and live/work space in recent days.
The proceeds raised from the sales of donated artwork will go towards the Fresh Arts Immediate Disaster Relief Fund. This fund helps individual artists with their immediate recovery needs, which will include everything from buying cleaning supplies, to preserving their work, to beginning the rebuilding of their studio or live/work space.
We are inviting local artists to submit one piece of artwork, including paintings, art prints, photography, ceramics, sculptures, jewelry, glasswork, and sewn items.
Vendors participate for free; and can choose to donate 50%-100% of the sales of their artwork.
Better Block Foundation is a 501(c)3 nonprofit that educates, equips, and empowers communities and their leaders to reshape and reactivate built environments to promote the growth of healthy and vibrant neighborhoods
Fresh Arts is a Houston-based 501(c)3 dedicated to strengthening the sustainability and vibrancy of Houston's arts sector by bolstering the capacity and professional practice of artists and arts organizations and enhancing the public's engagement with the art
We would like to thank the local community of artists in advance for their generosity!
1. Decide on one of the following options:
- Split 50/50 with 50% of the proceeds going to the relief Fund and 50% of the proceeds going back to the artist, or
- Split 75/25 with 75% of the proceeds going to the relief Fund and 25% of the proceeds going back to the artist, or
- 100% of the proceeds going to the Relief Fund
2. Please read through the application guidelines below in its entirety before applying.
3. Submit the application below. We will respond to your application within 3 days of your submission. Artists should submit no more than two artworks. Please attach a photograph of your artwork for promotional purposes leading up to the event.
- Be securely wired for hanging (wire MUST be firmly attached to the back of the piece)
- All works on paper, including photographs, must be framed.
- All paintings must be dry (NO wet submissions in any media).
- Since this is a four hour pop-up event, we ask that works be a manageable size to handle and display. We also ask that the artwork donated is priced under $500.
- Packing materials will not be returned
Additionally, work must be CLEARLY LABELED and include:
- ARTIST NAME:
- SIZE: H X W
- PHONE #:
Drop Off: All artwork MUST be delivered to Better Block Foundation on one of the following dates and times: Tuesday, Oct. 17 from 5-8pm or Wed., Oct. 18 from 9am-5pm. To expedite the drop off and registration process, please complete the entry form and have your work(s) clearly labeled. Artwork after these dates will not be accepted.
Pick Up: Unsold artwork can be picked up on a date to be determined.
ART SALES: All artists will receive notification regarding the sales generated from their works of art. Artists who have indicated to receive a percentage of proceeds can expect to receive a PayPal transfer or check to the address specified within 5 business days of the event.
Little D Markets and The Better Block are not responsible for damage or theft, however, we will take precautionary measures when installing and handling artworks.
In addition, we cannot guarantee:
- that every work will receive its own lighting source since all fixtures are permanent
- specific locations for specific works
- multiple works by the same artist are hung together